Friday, December 17, 2010

deepest apologies from the queen of blogslacking

We've had a lot going on around here and the blogging has suffered.  But never fear, the funnies are still flying out of little h.

Yesterday, in fact, I took the little joker to see the pediatrician.  He really wasn't feeling well and was a little subdued for him.  Not, by any means, lethargic, and compared to other 5 year olds, you wouldn't have picked him out of a line up as the sick one.  However, when we got to the doctor's office, he got really quiet, partially because he was nervous and partially because sometimes he is shy (it's true!)  

So anyway. . .  toward the end of the visit, he made a couple of lurchy, hiccuppy twitches.  I asked him if he was okay but he just stared blankly at the wall.  I asked him if he was going to be sick and he still just stared.  The doctor asked him if he was okay and said to me, "He really doesn't look good."  Just as we were starting to panic that he was either having a stroke or about to throw up, a slow grin spread across his face.  Then he said, "HA!  I got you both.  I got you good - I was holding in my coughs so you'd think I was going to frow up.  Ha ha - that was a good one." 

No comments:

Post a Comment